Why is your hair oily? 7 essential ideas to fix the problem
Greasy hair can be a source of frustration among women. Fear not, however, as there are a number of ways it can be treated to have less of an impact on your life.
Some of the key reasons for oily hair:
Improper hair care
No matter what the cause of your oily hair problem is, we have various tips, tricks and recommendations to help ensure it doesn’t stop you from looking and feeling great.
- Proper food: Adding vitamin B rich foods (especially B2 and B6) to your diet is believed to help moderate your sebum production. These means trying to consume more foods like seaweed, leafy greens, and pulses. In general, cutting out greasy foods and increasing your intake of fruit and vegetables, as well as drinking plenty of water every day, will help you improve the general condition of your hair, skin and nails.
- Apple cider vinegar can restore the Ph balance of your scalp
- Avoid products for oily hair that contain proteins or lipid-replenishing substances such as oils or silicon. These only make a difficult situation worse by weighing the hair down and making it even greasier than before. If you aren’t sure how to judge a product, take a look: it’s generally best to use shampoos with a translucent appearance and avoid creamy ones.
- Avoid products with silicone as they may add greasiness
- Rinse properly to make sure there are no remnants of shampoo
- Try dry shampoo
- Don’t overuse conditioner. Once or twice a week should be fine. Apply it to the middle of your strands and down to your roots.