We welcome your questions and comments about MIA products.
If you feel a little bloated right before your period is due, it’s perfectly normal most of the time. Bloating is caused by a cyclical hormonal shift, when your body gets ready for possible conception. Sometimes you may feel bloated after you’ve eaten something, but it usually goes away within 24 hours.
However, there are a few warning signs that should be addressed if you spot them.
1. Bloating accompanied by fever should be investigated - it may be due to inflammation or an infection.
2. Acute stomach ache accompanied by nausea and vomiting should be immediately addressed.
3. Rapid weight loss (more than a few pounds) without changing your diet or starting a new workout regime should be a cause for concern, especially if you have lost 10% or more of your body weight.
4. If you are still bloated after your period has finished, it is advisable to get advice from your GP.
5. Blood in your stool should always be checked because it is always a sign that something is wrong in your body. It could be hemorrhoids, but you need to be sure.
6. Bloating accompanied by fatigue can be attributed to many things but shouldn’t be ignored.
Keep logging your data with the MIA app to get more insights about your health.