Ache in Your Lady Bits: Understanding Pelvic Pain

Save Share

An ache in the area between the anus and genitals is called perineum (or perineal) pain. There are a few nerves, organs, and muscles in the perineum (between your pubic bone and your tailbone), and if they are inflamed or injured, this might cause quite unpleasant sensations.  

Perineum pain might sometimes transition to a chronic state. Although perineum pain is not fully understood, it is mostly associated with diseases of the reproductive organs, nerve entrapments, or conditions when these organs are injured. Women often have perineal pain after delivering a baby. 

In any case, perineum pain requires medical assistance. 




Health Tips for Women
1.2 k Subscribers

Home Mia App Top Women's Health Cycle & Periods Fertility Issues Love & Relationship Pregnancy & Parenting Fitness & Nutrition