10 Facts Why Women Should Drink Water Every Day
Drinking water on a daily basis is as important as eating. Not new to you? Great!
Our medical experts have picked the TOP 10 (there are more) reasons drinking water is vital for women.
- It prevents dehydration. Dehydration is a dangerous condition to your health when your body doesn’t have enough fluid, which leads to the dysfunction of certain organs and systems.
- It helps you to deal with menstrual cramps
- It is vital when you’re pregnant, and not having enough liquid in your body during pregnancy may even result in preterm birth.
- Joint lubrication. Cartilage, found in joints and the disks of the spine, contains around 80% water. To avoid dehydration-related joint pain, you should drink enough water to keep the joints' shock-absorbing ability at the necessary level.
- Body temperature regulation. Water helps to regulate your temperature by forming sweat, which consists of water and the body’s minerals. Sweating helps your body stay cool.
- Moisture. Water helps to form saliva and mucus. This prevents friction and damage to your mouth’s mucous membrane.
- It makes the digestive system work properly. Water is needed to process foods in a timely manner and to avoid constipation and an overly acidic stomach.
- Proper functioning of the kidneys. The kidneys extract waste from your blood in the form of urine, and balance your bodily fluids. A lack of water can lead to kidney stones and other problems.
- Good for your blood. First of all, it helps maintain blood pressure. Second, it delivers oxygen and other nutrients throughout the body.
- Your skin. Dehydrated skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders, infections, and wrinkling.